Login in to your Qubit Opentag Dashboard.
1. Locate the first container on which you wish to install the Audience Analytics tag. We recommend that you implement this tag across the whole site, but once you have added this to the first container within Opentag you will be able to duplicate this across the remaining containers.
2. Once located select the option '+Add New Script'
3. Find the VisualDNA Script library by selecting 'Web Analytics' within the category selector on the top left of the screen underneath 'Tag Categories'
4. Scroll down to Visual DNA and click.
5. This will reveal a list of our templates to the right of the screen. Select the template entitled: 'Page View Report' and scroll down to see the parameters that will need populating.
6. Select the Drop-down beside the API Key value and choose 'Add New Custom Variable' This will open a new popup.
7. Under 'Variable Type' make sure the 'Hard coded value' is selected.
8. In the 'Value' box, paste in your unique VisualDNA API Key which is supplied by your VDNA Account Manager.
9. Select 'Save Variable'
10. If normal page transition is being used on the site, then an empty array should be assigned to the "window.history generated URLs" parameter. Otherwise, a 2-element array (containing the current URL and the referrer URL) should be assigned to the "window.history generated URLs" parameter using a JS Expression. If window.history is being used then this tag should fire every time the host page make a history mutation. If you are unsure on how to achieve this, please contact your Qubit Account Manager.
11. Once the above steps are complete select 'Save Script'. You may need to define the Tags name before it allows you to proceed.
12. You will now be redirected back to the dashboard where you will see your tag listed within that container. Top copy this across to the other containers click the cog to the right of the tag listing and select 'Copy to'
13. Select the next container and confirm the copy by pressing the 'Copy' button. The tag will now appear listed in the second container.
14. Repeat this process until you have all the containers covered.
15. You will be prompted to 'Commit' the changes to each container by pressing the green 'Commit' button. Please test using your usual procedures before pushing fully live.